TETON VALLEY IDAHO CHAMBER OF COMMERCE OFFERS VISITORS MAGNIFICENT HOT AIR BALLOONS COUPLED WITH AN OLD FASHION FOURTH OF JULY CELEBRATION!
Any legitimate summer Jackson Hole Vacation Guide will steer travelers visiting the area to neighboring Teton Valley, Idaho, for the annual 4th of July Festival. Also known as the “Hot Air Balloon Rally” and the “Teton Valley Summer Festival,” this event, once lauded as one of the Top 10 Events in North America by the National Bus Tour Association, will sure to please the entire family. Teton Springs Lodge & Spa, located in the heart of Victor, Idaho, finds itself smack in the middle of all the holiday festivities. Guests of Teton Springs Resort will also discover a complete laundry list of activities & outdoor recreation right outside their lodge or cabin door.
Only 25 minutes from Jackson Hole, vacation guide in hand, you’re ready for the 29th Annual 4th of July celebration but be sure give yourself plenty of time to sample the incredible activities and recreation at Teton Springs. A sampling includes: golf on the award-winning Headwaters Course, pampering treatments at the Stillwaters Spa & Salon, swimming, hiking, mountain biking, tennis, basketball and state-of-the-art fitness center. Fly fishing at dusk on the resort’s stocked ponds is also a terrific way to close out a dynamic day in Teton Valley. If you’re a beginner, we can help with that too with on-site instruction by resort experts. Tired yet?
Agriculture and ranching have historically been the economic engines in this fertile land on the west slope of the Tetons, but tourism is quickly becoming this valley’s bread and butter. An area map and a Jackson Hole Vacation Guide show the breathtaking Grand Tetons looming large, dominating the valley’s scenery. The Teton River, a Blue Ribbon tributary and fly fishing Mecca, is also one of this valley’s natural attributes. Year-round special events also draw visitors to this quaint but dynamic valley but none represent the heritage and character of Teton Valley more than the 4th of July Balloon Festival.
Check out the full schedule at Teton Valley Chamber so you don’t miss a thing. If for some reason you can’t take in all four days (sometimes a day of fishing on the nearby South Fork of the Snake River gets in the way!) at least put these on your holiday “must do” list:
- Hot, hearty breakfast at the Teton County fairgrounds (a bargain at $5.00 – set your alarm for “early!”)
- Taking in the prep for balloon launch (the atmosphere and sounds are riveting!)
- Soaring across the quiet Teton sky in a hot air balloon (advance reservations required thru the chamber)
- The Tetonia Rodeo (this could easily rate #1!)
- The Victor 4th of July parade (get there early with your lawn chairs – this is a big deal!)
- Arts & Craft fair in Victor & Antique & Fine Arts Show in Driggs
- What else but the fireworks!
- Widespread Panic at the Spud Drive-in on July 4th (o.k., so this isn’t part of the Balloon Rally but talk about ending the holiday weekend with a different kind of fireworks!)
Call the nice folks at Teton Springs Lodge & Spa to book your room for the summer’s premier holiday weekend. Or better yet, ask about one of the signature 3, 4 and 5 bedroom cabins. You’ll dig the cabins at Teton Springs so much we’ll probably see you around through Labor Day! Toll free: 877-787-8757