A LIFT & LODGE PACKAGE AND A HOLIDAY ART SHOW – WOW!
Who could have written a better script than the one that is playing out this ski season?! We take it for granted that Grand Targhee is going to be the first ski and snowboard area to open in the region; their historical track record speaks for itself. However, this season they’re even defying the odds for how much snow has fallen in the Tetons in November, a month known more for turkey and dressing and Black Friday frantic Christmas shopping than it is for all mountain skiing.
It hasn’t happened in years, if ever, that even this powder snow Mecca in Alta, Wyoming has been able to open their entire mountain, running all lifts by Thanksgiving weekend. Ah, what a holiday season indeed we’re enjoying here in Teton Valley and it only promises to get better! Pre Christmas is also the optimum time to stay at Teton Springs and have a powder-filled and mellow day on Targhee’s slopes. We just happen to have the perfect Lift and Lodge Package for this getaway and it sure beats hanging at the mall!
Speaking of Christmas shopping. This Saturday, December 4th, so happens to present the perfect opportunity to scoop up those special gifts for all of your loved ones, and maybe even pick up a treat or two for yourself! Last year at the Teton Springs Lodge & Spa Holiday Art Show I was able to find unique treasures for literally everyone on my list. Who needs Macy’s and the other run-of-the-mill mega retailers when you can choose from a variety of hand-made treats crafted by local artist in our very own community – jewelry, custom hats & scarves, pottery, oil paintings, pillows and the list goes on. Santa is coming too and kids can even make their own tree decorations. The Stillwaters Spa & Salon staff is also hosting an “open house” in conjunction with this event and has cool Gifts and Gift Certificates wrapped and ready for under the tree. Who in their right mind wouldn’t covet a deep-tissue massage or a hydraquench treatment for Christmas, because after all, reindeer sweaters are so out!
Here’s the schedule for the festivities this weekend at Teton Springs Lodge & Spa.
- 10-3 HOLIDAY ARTS & CRAFTS SHOW – Featuring dynamic art & jewelry by local artists
- 10-5 OPEN HOUSE AT THE STILLWATERS SPA – discounted Holiday Gift Packages & Spa Gift Certificates wrapped and ready for under the tree
- 11-3 FREE CHILDRENS’ CHRISTMAS TREE ORNAMENT CRAFTS – browse the craft fair while your kids create their own handmade ornaments!
- 12 – 2 SANTA CLAUS VISITS TETON SPRINGS! – Santa makes a special visit to the Lodge & Spa with FREE Polaroid shots with Jolly-Old- Saint-Nick!
- 11-2 CHILI BAR LUNCH – Chef John Wentworth is serving up his home made scrumptious chili ($7 for adults/$5 kids 6-12 & kids 5 & younger eat FREE!)
- 1-2 TURKEY BOWLING AT VALLEY OF THE TETONS LIBRARY – roll that strike with a Teton Springs Lodge sponsored turkey and a special prize is yours!
We’re partners with our friends at the City of Victor on this Holiday Festival so check in with them for a full schedule of downtown events:787-2940 and don’t miss the fireworks! See you at Teton Springs Lodge & Spa this weekend! Call 787-7888 for reservations and Holiday festivities.