- Casting 4 A Cure (1)
- Driggs Restaurants (1)
- Fall Arts Festival (1)
- Family Winter Vacation Ideas (7)
- fishing south fork snake (1)
- Fly Fishing The Tetons (17)
- General (19)
- Golf Packages (26)
- Golfing in the Tetons (6)
- Grand Targhee Vacation Rentals (3)
- Grand Teton Lodging (13)
- Grand Teton National Park (1)
- Grand Teton Vacation Rental (2)
- Grand Tetons Lodging (5)
- Headwaters Grille (9)
- Heli Skiing (6)
- hiking tetons (1)
- Holiday Happenings (5)
- Hotels In Jackson Hole (1)
- Hotels Jackson Hole (5)
- Idaho Cabin Rentals (7)
- Idaho Skiing (2)
- Idaho Summer Vacations (2)
- Jackson Hole Accommodation (1)
- Jackson Hole Cabins (7)
- Jackson Hole Family Vacations (3)
- Jackson Hole Motels (1)
- Jackson Hole Packages (5)
- Jackson Hole Resorts (5)
- Jackson Hole Skiing (2)
- Luxury Mountain Cabins (3)
- Presidents Day (1)
- Running Camp in Teton (1)
- Scenic Drives (4)
- Skiing Packages (13)
- Skiing Stay and Play Packages (3)
- Snow Fesitval (1)
- snow fest (1)
- Snow in Idaho (3)
- Snow-shoeing (2)
- Spring Break Winter Vacation (1)
- Spring in Teton Valley (1)
- Stay and Play Packages (3)
- Stillwaters Spa (12)
- Summer Stay and Play Packages (1)
- Targhee Fest (1)
- Targhee Music Fest (1)
- Teton Valley Cabins (9)
- Teton Valley Dining (1)
- Teton Valley Events (4)
- Teton Valley Foundation (1)
- Teton Weddings (1)
- The Range (1)
- Vacation Packages (24)
- Valentines Day (1)
- Valentines Vacation (1)
- Valley Events (12)
- Victor Idaho Meeting Venue (1)
- Victor Idaho Restaurants (1)
- wedding venues (1)
- Weddings (1)
- Winter in Teton Valley (1)
- Winter Skiing Packages (1)
- Womens Vacation (2)
- Yellowstone Endurance Races (1)
- Yellowstone Park (6)
Posts Tagged hotels in driggs
I love chocolcate. No, I mean I really love chocolate, and embrace any excuse to give or receive it. It’s not just part of the reason – it IS the reason why Valentine’s Day is my most favorite day of the year. I can’t believe it’s merely a lover’s holiday and not a national holiday. I not only expect that a giant Whitman Sampler will be mine come February 14th, but I also reciprocate, giving a big box of gooey filled delights to my significant other. After all, he’ll share right?!
Bon-bons just won’t cut it for those romantics who have loftier goals on how to truly put the exclamation point on this special day set aside for lovers (or chocoholics!) So, I have a much sweeter idea for all the visionaries out there who truly want to WOW your lover come February. How does a “sweetheart package in Teton Valley” sound? Anyone who has been to this gorgeous valley beneath the Tetons knows that it’s undoubtedly one of the most spectacular places on earth. Lots of folks recognize Teton Valley, Idaho as more of a summer destination – the scenic gateway to Jackson Hole, Yellowstone & Teton National Parks. Outdoor enthusiasts also know that Teton Valley is hands down the recreation capital of the western hemisphere. For my money, winter is even more special and romantic, in so many wondrous ways.
For couples that relish slicing thru deep pow together, the ultimate bonding experience has to be a heli ski trip in the Tetons (talk about getting your heart beating and that’s what love is all about right?!). With over 300” of snow in the region thus far, you can only imagine what a day you would have and, drifting through pillow soft snow is only the beginning of this adventure.
After a day of ripping the pow, I recommend the romantic sleigh ride under the star-studded sky followed by a gourmet dinner at the neighboring Linn Ranch. Back at Teton Springs Resort enjoy a quiet glide across their Nordic tract or a snowshoe excursion off the beaten path. Take your camera; wildlife viewing is part of the tour.
By the end of this day you’ve earned an evening hot tub watching a brilliant sun set in the western sky. Your next stop is the Headwaters Grille. Sip a vintage merlot by the crackling fire while you savor something delectable from Chef’s John special valentine menu on February 11, 12 & 14. Grille. If you can tolerate an additional assault to your senses, try the extraordinary hydraquench body treatment at the Stillwaters Spa & Salon.
And, did I mention carving your own signature turns on the freshly groomed snow at Grand Targhee Resort? Are your pleasure sensors overloaded yet? They will be. Teton Springs Lodge & Spa is the place to make all of that happen for you and your sweet pea this winter. Make it a surprise. Book a luxury suite; it’s almost as affordable as chocolate. Or, consider this special Valentine Package. I think you’ll discover two nights isn’t enough but it’s a start.
- 2 night’s lodging in a deluxe lodge Room
- 60 minute “couples” massage in the two-person therapy suite with fireplace, followed by complimentary champagne and chocolate covered strawberries in the relaxing and elegant Zen Room
- Don’t get up! This nice staff will deliver Continental Breakfast to your room each morning
- Complimentary snowshoe rental
- Upgrade to a one-bedroom Deluxe Suite for only $60.00 per night
“SWEET HEART” PACKAGE ONLY $289. PER PERSON VALID NOW THROUGH FEBRUARY 26TH
If your schedule only permits a one night stay (with all the goodies or without) the nice folks at Teton Springs Lodge & Spa can customize something for you. Savor the taste of Teton Springs Lodge & Spa this Valentine’s Day. That Whitman Sampler is so yesterday! Call 208.787.7888
THAT’S A WRAP – IN SHEER ECSTASY THAT IS!
They need to call the “Hydraquench Body Wrap” something else. The name somehow just doesn’t do justice to atreatment I recently experienced for the first time at the Stillwaters Spa & Salon, located at Teton Springs Resort in Victor, Idaho. Maybe “Heaven on Earth Moisturizing Wrap,” or “I Can Now Die a Happy and Well Moisturized Woman Wrap,” or “I’ll take Hydraquench Over Botox Any Day Wrap!”
The moment of truth for me that I needed some serious skin help occurred a few weeks back while on a family vacation, when my sister gushed, “gosh, I love your new alligator sandals.” I was in fact barefoot. Hey, I’m not alone, right? Plenty of us have dry skin, especially those of us blessed with a high-altitude mailing address. The good news, we’re fortunate to live in, or vacation in, this incredibly beautiful mountain environment with its fabulous, humidity-free weather. The bad news, at least for some of us, this humidity-free weather.
If you’ve ever visited a Spa for any reason, chances are it was for a deep tissue or other therapeutic massage treatment. A massage isn’t even considered a luxury these days, but a necessity, like taking our vitamins or our daily walk. In truth, our massage therapist is as critical to our overall mental and physical well-being as the family doc; we just don’t always view it that way. Too bad.
The Stillwaters Spa & Salon at Teton Springs Lodge is truly an escape, even from a seemingly otherwise perfect day! Listen to this passage from their brochure: “Settled within glorious, alpine surroundings, the Spa at Teton Springs Lodge is created to provide you with infinity of sensory experiences within a tranquil retreat – a place you may never wish to leave.” Therein lies the problem, you don’t in fact want to leave – ever. In my prior visits to the Stillwaters Spa (for that massage of course), I’ve always been intrigued by the sheer number of mysterious and intriguing treatments listed in their spa material. One in particular caught my eye, the Hydraquench Body Wrap. To simplify, this is a treatment that slathers you in 100% whipped Shea Butters and then wraps you in a warm herbal cocoon. It only took me seconds after hearing Spa Manager Jen Walton describe this treatment before I was hooked. Sign me up, uh, I mean, butter me up!
I have always found the entire staff at the Stillwaters Spa & Salon to be delightful, competent and professional. One in particular, Jennifer Milloway, is the classic spa practitioner. With ten years spa experience under her belt, three of those years at the resort’s Stillwaters Spa, Jen enjoys a far-reaching reputation as a true craftsman in all things spa. She would be the one to introduce me to my first non-massage spa experience, encourage me to indulge in the senses with this particularly skin nourishing spa treatment, and the one to magically transform me from alligator girl. Sounds like exactly what the doctor would order!
I always believe in the element of surprise so I won’t give away all of the intricate details on what will happen during your Hydraquench Body Wrap but a few details are in order, and plus, I can’t help myself. You’re now in your fluffy, thick white robe and meet your therapist in the Zen Room (the name says it all!), the beautifully decorated and relaxing pre and post treatment room (remind me again why I ever have to leave here?!). In her Zen-like fashion, Jen describes the entire treatment to me, right down to the last morsel of the glorious details. Not that you’ll remember what she said. Once the treatment starts your entire life’s focus is on how terrific and relaxed you feel and neither one of you has to exchange another word (Jen doesn’t necessarily respond to your Oohs and Aahs).
In a nutshell……
- Your treatment table is heated
- Your arms, legs, fingers & toes are gently exfoliated with a soft, dry brush; this includes front & back (which was terrific, only an octopus can exfoliate their back!) * 100% natural whipped Shea Butter scented with lemon & almond is generously applied to arms, legs, hands & feet.
- Your hands are comfortably folded on your chest. You’re wrapped completely in an extremely warm cotton/linen mix sheath which has been brewing, literally, in a roaster of lavender, chamomile and rosehips tea bags. A second layer of plastic is applied, to retain the heat, and a third layer, a space blanket of sorts, is snuggly tucked around your entire body.
- You are now officially cocooned but it’s only the beginning! For the next 20-25 minutes, while your skin is absorbing this entire mix of glorious herb infused butter…..
- A lighter oil is applied to your face and then massaged into your skin with small, ice-cold stones (remember the flat, super-smooth stones perfect for skipping….) and topped off with a soothing massage to the neck.
- Now the attention is directed to your feet but this time the stones are larger (even better skipping stones) and warm to the touch.
- Ah, last but not least, is a cool refreshing spritz to the face of cool lavender and bergamot, an extremely enticing smell not normally found in nature.
The Hydraquench Body Wrap was sheer heaven; it was beyond relaxing, but also very therapeutic. My skin still feels nourished days later. Which reminds me, whatever you do, resist the urge to shower immediately after your Hydraquench treatment. It defeats the purpose of allowing the lingering benefits of all these goodies from reaching deep into your skin.
Also worth mentioning – in the Stillwaters Spa your personal degree of modesty is always respected and accommodated. For my money however, less always seems better in any spa when it comes to covering up (drapes are used on those most private of our body parts).
There’s no doubt that one of Teton Springs Resort’s premier offerings is the 5,000 square foot Stillwaters Spa & Salon, providing lodging guests, and day trippers, an incredible selection of services focusing on relaxation and rejuvenation. Stop by and check out the menu; this spa is so much more than just message therapy. More importantly, everyone deserves to feel this good! Call Stillwaters Spa & Salon @208.787.7250 or toll free 877.787.8757 or you can contact them here.