- Casting 4 A Cure (1)
- Fall Arts Festival (1)
- Family Winter Vacation Ideas (4)
- fishing south fork snake (1)
- Fly Fishing The Tetons (16)
- General (16)
- Golf Packages (25)
- Golfing in the Tetons (6)
- Grand Targhee Vacation Rentals (3)
- Grand Teton Lodging (13)
- Grand Teton National Park (1)
- Grand Teton Vacation Rental (2)
- Grand Tetons Lodging (5)
- Headwaters Grille (9)
- Heli Skiing (5)
- Holiday Happenings (5)
- Hotels In Jackson Hole (1)
- Hotels Jackson Hole (5)
- Idaho Cabin Rentals (7)
- Idaho Skiing (2)
- Idaho Summer Vacations (2)
- Jackson Hole Accommodation (1)
- Jackson Hole Cabins (7)
- Jackson Hole Family Vacations (3)
- Jackson Hole Motels (1)
- Jackson Hole Packages (5)
- Jackson Hole Resorts (5)
- Jackson Hole Skiing (1)
- Luxury Mountain Cabins (3)
- Presidents Day (1)
- Running Camp in Teton (1)
- Scenic Drives (4)
- Skiing Packages (13)
- Skiing Stay and Play Packages (3)
- Snow Fesitval (1)
- snow fest (1)
- Snow in Idaho (3)
- Snow-shoeing (1)
- Spring Break Winter Vacation (1)
- Spring in Teton Valley (1)
- Stay and Play Packages (3)
- Stillwaters Spa (12)
- Summer Stay and Play Packages (1)
- Targhee Fest (1)
- Targhee Music Fest (1)
- Teton Valley Cabins (9)
- Teton Valley Dining (1)
- Teton Valley Events (4)
- Teton Valley Foundation (1)
- Teton Weddings (1)
- The Range (1)
- Vacation Packages (24)
- Valentines Day (1)
- Valentines Vacation (1)
- Valley Events (12)
- Victor Idaho Meeting Venue (1)
- Victor Idaho Restaurants (1)
- wedding venues (1)
- Weddings (1)
- Winter in Teton Valley (1)
- Winter Skiing Packages (1)
- Womens Vacation (2)
- Yellowstone Endurance Races (1)
- Yellowstone Park (6)
Posts Tagged jackson accomodations
THAT’S A WRAP – IN SHEER ECSTASY THAT IS!
They need to call the “Hydraquench Body Wrap” something else. The name somehow just doesn’t do justice to atreatment I recently experienced for the first time at the Stillwaters Spa & Salon, located at Teton Springs Resort in Victor, Idaho. Maybe “Heaven on Earth Moisturizing Wrap,” or “I Can Now Die a Happy and Well Moisturized Woman Wrap,” or “I’ll take Hydraquench Over Botox Any Day Wrap!”
The moment of truth for me that I needed some serious skin help occurred a few weeks back while on a family vacation, when my sister gushed, “gosh, I love your new alligator sandals.” I was in fact barefoot. Hey, I’m not alone, right? Plenty of us have dry skin, especially those of us blessed with a high-altitude mailing address. The good news, we’re fortunate to live in, or vacation in, this incredibly beautiful mountain environment with its fabulous, humidity-free weather. The bad news, at least for some of us, this humidity-free weather.
If you’ve ever visited a Spa for any reason, chances are it was for a deep tissue or other therapeutic massage treatment. A massage isn’t even considered a luxury these days, but a necessity, like taking our vitamins or our daily walk. In truth, our massage therapist is as critical to our overall mental and physical well-being as the family doc; we just don’t always view it that way. Too bad.
The Stillwaters Spa & Salon at Teton Springs Lodge is truly an escape, even from a seemingly otherwise perfect day! Listen to this passage from their brochure: “Settled within glorious, alpine surroundings, the Spa at Teton Springs Lodge is created to provide you with infinity of sensory experiences within a tranquil retreat – a place you may never wish to leave.” Therein lies the problem, you don’t in fact want to leave – ever. In my prior visits to the Stillwaters Spa (for that massage of course), I’ve always been intrigued by the sheer number of mysterious and intriguing treatments listed in their spa material. One in particular caught my eye, the Hydraquench Body Wrap. To simplify, this is a treatment that slathers you in 100% whipped Shea Butters and then wraps you in a warm herbal cocoon. It only took me seconds after hearing Spa Manager Jen Walton describe this treatment before I was hooked. Sign me up, uh, I mean, butter me up!
I have always found the entire staff at the Stillwaters Spa & Salon to be delightful, competent and professional. One in particular, Jennifer Milloway, is the classic spa practitioner. With ten years spa experience under her belt, three of those years at the resort’s Stillwaters Spa, Jen enjoys a far-reaching reputation as a true craftsman in all things spa. She would be the one to introduce me to my first non-massage spa experience, encourage me to indulge in the senses with this particularly skin nourishing spa treatment, and the one to magically transform me from alligator girl. Sounds like exactly what the doctor would order!
I always believe in the element of surprise so I won’t give away all of the intricate details on what will happen during your Hydraquench Body Wrap but a few details are in order, and plus, I can’t help myself. You’re now in your fluffy, thick white robe and meet your therapist in the Zen Room (the name says it all!), the beautifully decorated and relaxing pre and post treatment room (remind me again why I ever have to leave here?!). In her Zen-like fashion, Jen describes the entire treatment to me, right down to the last morsel of the glorious details. Not that you’ll remember what she said. Once the treatment starts your entire life’s focus is on how terrific and relaxed you feel and neither one of you has to exchange another word (Jen doesn’t necessarily respond to your Oohs and Aahs).
In a nutshell……
- Your treatment table is heated
- Your arms, legs, fingers & toes are gently exfoliated with a soft, dry brush; this includes front & back (which was terrific, only an octopus can exfoliate their back!) * 100% natural whipped Shea Butter scented with lemon & almond is generously applied to arms, legs, hands & feet.
- Your hands are comfortably folded on your chest. You’re wrapped completely in an extremely warm cotton/linen mix sheath which has been brewing, literally, in a roaster of lavender, chamomile and rosehips tea bags. A second layer of plastic is applied, to retain the heat, and a third layer, a space blanket of sorts, is snuggly tucked around your entire body.
- You are now officially cocooned but it’s only the beginning! For the next 20-25 minutes, while your skin is absorbing this entire mix of glorious herb infused butter…..
- A lighter oil is applied to your face and then massaged into your skin with small, ice-cold stones (remember the flat, super-smooth stones perfect for skipping….) and topped off with a soothing massage to the neck.
- Now the attention is directed to your feet but this time the stones are larger (even better skipping stones) and warm to the touch.
- Ah, last but not least, is a cool refreshing spritz to the face of cool lavender and bergamot, an extremely enticing smell not normally found in nature.
The Hydraquench Body Wrap was sheer heaven; it was beyond relaxing, but also very therapeutic. My skin still feels nourished days later. Which reminds me, whatever you do, resist the urge to shower immediately after your Hydraquench treatment. It defeats the purpose of allowing the lingering benefits of all these goodies from reaching deep into your skin.
Also worth mentioning – in the Stillwaters Spa your personal degree of modesty is always respected and accommodated. For my money however, less always seems better in any spa when it comes to covering up (drapes are used on those most private of our body parts).
There’s no doubt that one of Teton Springs Resort’s premier offerings is the 5,000 square foot Stillwaters Spa & Salon, providing lodging guests, and day trippers, an incredible selection of services focusing on relaxation and rejuvenation. Stop by and check out the menu; this spa is so much more than just message therapy. More importantly, everyone deserves to feel this good! Call Stillwaters Spa & Salon @208.787.7250 or toll free 877.787.8757 or you can contact them here.
Looking for premier Jackson Hole summer activities to officially kick off your summer fun? Well, slipping into Jackson Hole, Wyoming over Memorial Day is a long held tradition in these parts! If you’re in the mood for a genuine taste of the old west and the terrific activities that go with it, you’ll head in this direction too. Old West Days, slated for May 28 -31, promise and deliver on three full, action-packed days of family friendly entertainment, food and foot stompin’ western music. There are Teton Springs Lodge & Spa guests who wouldn’t think of missing the celebrations that this novel summer activity Jackson Hole Chamber provides.
From Teton Springs, it’s an easy traverse over Teton Pass into Jackson and the Jackson Hole summer activities begin right after coffee on Friday with the Mountain Man Rendezvous & Traders Row. Whatever you do, don’t miss the bow & arrow and knife throwing competitions (front row seats maybe not the best option here!) and check out the vendors hawking “everything antler” for that one-of-a-kind bar stool or chandelier. Jackson Hole Rotary is putting on a world-class wine tasting event but first check out Jackson’s signature Shootout on the Town Square. The kids will love it! Pace yourself, there’s still three more days to go: music on the square, arts & crafts, cowboy poetry, clogging, pickin’ & fiddlin’ and one of the best parades & rodeos in the west. Check it out so you don’t miss a thing at the Wild West Days in Jackson.
You’ll head back to Teton Springs each night weary but with a smile on your face. Maybe it’s time for that hot tub and deep-tissue massage at the Stillwaters Spa; Jackson Hole summer activities are blissfully exhausting!
Call Teton Springs for your Memorial Day Weekend/Old West Days reservation: 877-787-8757 – Deluxe Lodge Room only $169 per night includes full-breakfast at Headwaters Grille and resort fee (double occupancy + tax ) with discounts on the Stillwaters Spa offered and golf Friday, May 28 thru Monday May 31. Dust off those cowboy boots! Call us toll free 877-787-8757 for reservations.