- Casting 4 A Cure (1)
- Driggs Restaurants (1)
- Fall Arts Festival (1)
- Family Winter Vacation Ideas (7)
- fishing south fork snake (1)
- Fly Fishing The Tetons (18)
- General (19)
- Golf Packages (26)
- Golfing in the Tetons (6)
- Grand Targhee Vacation Rentals (3)
- Grand Teton Lodging (13)
- Grand Teton National Park (1)
- Grand Teton Vacation Rental (2)
- Grand Tetons Lodging (5)
- Headwaters Grille (9)
- Heli Skiing (7)
- hiking tetons (1)
- Holiday Happenings (5)
- Hotels In Jackson Hole (1)
- Hotels Jackson Hole (5)
- Idaho Cabin Rentals (8)
- Idaho Skiing (3)
- Idaho Summer Vacations (2)
- Jackson Hole Accommodation (1)
- Jackson Hole Cabins (7)
- Jackson Hole Family Vacations (3)
- Jackson Hole Motels (1)
- Jackson Hole Packages (5)
- Jackson Hole Resorts (5)
- Jackson Hole Skiing (2)
- Luxury Mountain Cabins (3)
- Presidents Day (1)
- Running Camp in Teton (1)
- Scenic Drives (4)
- Skiing Packages (13)
- Skiing Stay and Play Packages (3)
- Snow Fesitval (1)
- snow fest (1)
- Snow in Idaho (3)
- Snow-shoeing (2)
- Spring Break Winter Vacation (1)
- Spring in Teton Valley (1)
- Stay and Play Packages (3)
- Stillwaters Spa (12)
- Summer Stay and Play Packages (1)
- Targhee Fest (1)
- Targhee Music Fest (1)
- Teton Valley Cabins (9)
- Teton Valley Dining (1)
- Teton Valley Events (4)
- Teton Valley Foundation (1)
- Teton Weddings (1)
- The Range (1)
- Vacation Packages (24)
- Valentines Day (1)
- Valentines Vacation (1)
- Valley Events (12)
- Victor Idaho Meeting Venue (1)
- Victor Idaho Restaurants (1)
- wedding venues (1)
- Weddings (1)
- Winter in Teton Valley (1)
- Winter Skiing Packages (1)
- Womens Vacation (2)
- Yellowstone Endurance Races (1)
- Yellowstone Park (6)
Posts Tagged vacation rentals
THAT’S A WRAP – IN SHEER ECSTASY THAT IS!
They need to call the “Hydraquench Body Wrap” something else. The name somehow just doesn’t do justice to atreatment I recently experienced for the first time at the Stillwaters Spa & Salon, located at Teton Springs Resort in Victor, Idaho. Maybe “Heaven on Earth Moisturizing Wrap,” or “I Can Now Die a Happy and Well Moisturized Woman Wrap,” or “I’ll take Hydraquench Over Botox Any Day Wrap!”
The moment of truth for me that I needed some serious skin help occurred a few weeks back while on a family vacation, when my sister gushed, “gosh, I love your new alligator sandals.” I was in fact barefoot. Hey, I’m not alone, right? Plenty of us have dry skin, especially those of us blessed with a high-altitude mailing address. The good news, we’re fortunate to live in, or vacation in, this incredibly beautiful mountain environment with its fabulous, humidity-free weather. The bad news, at least for some of us, this humidity-free weather.
If you’ve ever visited a Spa for any reason, chances are it was for a deep tissue or other therapeutic massage treatment. A massage isn’t even considered a luxury these days, but a necessity, like taking our vitamins or our daily walk. In truth, our massage therapist is as critical to our overall mental and physical well-being as the family doc; we just don’t always view it that way. Too bad.
The Stillwaters Spa & Salon at Teton Springs Lodge is truly an escape, even from a seemingly otherwise perfect day! Listen to this passage from their brochure: “Settled within glorious, alpine surroundings, the Spa at Teton Springs Lodge is created to provide you with infinity of sensory experiences within a tranquil retreat – a place you may never wish to leave.” Therein lies the problem, you don’t in fact want to leave – ever. In my prior visits to the Stillwaters Spa (for that massage of course), I’ve always been intrigued by the sheer number of mysterious and intriguing treatments listed in their spa material. One in particular caught my eye, the Hydraquench Body Wrap. To simplify, this is a treatment that slathers you in 100% whipped Shea Butters and then wraps you in a warm herbal cocoon. It only took me seconds after hearing Spa Manager Jen Walton describe this treatment before I was hooked. Sign me up, uh, I mean, butter me up!
I have always found the entire staff at the Stillwaters Spa & Salon to be delightful, competent and professional. One in particular, Jennifer Milloway, is the classic spa practitioner. With ten years spa experience under her belt, three of those years at the resort’s Stillwaters Spa, Jen enjoys a far-reaching reputation as a true craftsman in all things spa. She would be the one to introduce me to my first non-massage spa experience, encourage me to indulge in the senses with this particularly skin nourishing spa treatment, and the one to magically transform me from alligator girl. Sounds like exactly what the doctor would order!
I always believe in the element of surprise so I won’t give away all of the intricate details on what will happen during your Hydraquench Body Wrap but a few details are in order, and plus, I can’t help myself. You’re now in your fluffy, thick white robe and meet your therapist in the Zen Room (the name says it all!), the beautifully decorated and relaxing pre and post treatment room (remind me again why I ever have to leave here?!). In her Zen-like fashion, Jen describes the entire treatment to me, right down to the last morsel of the glorious details. Not that you’ll remember what she said. Once the treatment starts your entire life’s focus is on how terrific and relaxed you feel and neither one of you has to exchange another word (Jen doesn’t necessarily respond to your Oohs and Aahs).
In a nutshell……
- Your treatment table is heated
- Your arms, legs, fingers & toes are gently exfoliated with a soft, dry brush; this includes front & back (which was terrific, only an octopus can exfoliate their back!) * 100% natural whipped Shea Butter scented with lemon & almond is generously applied to arms, legs, hands & feet.
- Your hands are comfortably folded on your chest. You’re wrapped completely in an extremely warm cotton/linen mix sheath which has been brewing, literally, in a roaster of lavender, chamomile and rosehips tea bags. A second layer of plastic is applied, to retain the heat, and a third layer, a space blanket of sorts, is snuggly tucked around your entire body.
- You are now officially cocooned but it’s only the beginning! For the next 20-25 minutes, while your skin is absorbing this entire mix of glorious herb infused butter…..
- A lighter oil is applied to your face and then massaged into your skin with small, ice-cold stones (remember the flat, super-smooth stones perfect for skipping….) and topped off with a soothing massage to the neck.
- Now the attention is directed to your feet but this time the stones are larger (even better skipping stones) and warm to the touch.
- Ah, last but not least, is a cool refreshing spritz to the face of cool lavender and bergamot, an extremely enticing smell not normally found in nature.
The Hydraquench Body Wrap was sheer heaven; it was beyond relaxing, but also very therapeutic. My skin still feels nourished days later. Which reminds me, whatever you do, resist the urge to shower immediately after your Hydraquench treatment. It defeats the purpose of allowing the lingering benefits of all these goodies from reaching deep into your skin.
Also worth mentioning – in the Stillwaters Spa your personal degree of modesty is always respected and accommodated. For my money however, less always seems better in any spa when it comes to covering up (drapes are used on those most private of our body parts).
There’s no doubt that one of Teton Springs Resort’s premier offerings is the 5,000 square foot Stillwaters Spa & Salon, providing lodging guests, and day trippers, an incredible selection of services focusing on relaxation and rejuvenation. Stop by and check out the menu; this spa is so much more than just message therapy. More importantly, everyone deserves to feel this good! Call Stillwaters Spa & Salon @208.787.7250 or toll free 877.787.8757 or you can contact them here.
Championship golf, luxury spa treatments, fly fishing instruction, big river expeditions or late afternoons lazily floating the calm and meandering Teton River, are among life’s greatest leisure pleasures. Now you can enjoy all of these adventures, and more, just steps from your Grand Teton vacation rental at Teton Springs Resort! Teton Springs Lodge & Spa is ideally located to branch out and sample something new or savor an outdoor activity that is pleasingly familiar, yet incredibly different. Teton Springs Lodge is the centerpiece of the village section of the premier Teton Springs Resort. It’s set amidst amber waves of wheat fields and a beautifully sculpted 18 whole private golf course designed by the late Byron Nelson.
Teton Springs Offers a Superb Grand Teton Vacation Rental
Cozily nestled in the shadow of the Teton and Big Hole mountains in eastern Idaho, Teton Springs Resort provides optimum Grand Teton vacation rental accommodations. It’s ideally situated just 20 minutes from Jackson Hole Wyoming, the western town famous in its own right, and the gateway to world renowned Teton & Yellowstone National Parks. Teton Springs Lodge & Spa truly offers the best of all worlds. Guests are treated to an extraordinary combination of upscale amenities and endless recreational activities to enjoy year round in the comfort of theirGrand Teton vacation rental at Teton Springs.
There are plenty of options. Choose a spaciously designed lodge hotel unit with custom designed furnishings and attractive western décor, or for that optimum Grand Targhee vacation rentals, choose from a one or two bedroom suite. All suites are equipped with a two person jetted tub, bathrooms with a modern European style, elegant furnishings throughout the living area and kitchens designed for entertaining or simply whipping up grandma’s favorite family recipe. However, the most grand Teton vacation rentals are found in the Signature Cabins at Teton Springs Resort. These luxury vacation homes feature multiple floor plans ranging from three to five bedrooms and baths, spacious open areas perfect for entertaining, unique western designs, private decks and patios, large gas fireplaces and outdoor whirlpool tubs. Nightly lodging options plus affordable packages paired with area activities and events are available throughout the year.
Springtime rings eternal (and free) in Grand Teton & Yellowstone National Parks for Teton Springs Lodge & Spa guests!
Here’s one for your “bucket list” – VISIT YELLOWSTONE PARK! Chances are you have already experienced this wonder of the world, our nation’s first National Park, at some point in your life. After all, Yellowstone has been around for well over a hundred & thirty years. So, if you haven’t felt the spray of the most famous geyser in the universe erupt, Old Faithful, or explored its 2million plus acres, then you better get going! At Teton Springs Lodge & Spa, we pride ourselves on having the world’s best “neighbors” – Teton & Yellowstone National parks. There is virtually never a bad time to visit these world-renown treasures, but for me, spring time is best.
Come early May, the roads open to motorized vehicles, although, with so little traffic this time of year you’ll wonder if the roads are truly open or if you alone have some mystical pass to enter this magical world. The only thing better than a magical pass is a FREE one and the staff at Teton Springs will make sure you’ve got one of those too, right there among your regional maps and “please don’t feed the bears” pamphlets! There are manyoutdoor activities in the Teton Valley and Yellowstone Park.
It’s a short and scenic jaunt to Grand Teton National Park from Teton Springs. You’ll love the trip, especially if you visit Jackson Hole along the way. Don’t forget to stop, or at least slow down, when you see the National Elk Refuge just outside Jackson’s city limits and bordering Teton National Park. You may see the magnificent Trumpeter Swans that call Flat Creek home, and the largest elk herd in the world, or at least part of the pack who haven’t yet boogied for their summer habitat in Yellowstone. Marvel at the Grand Teton Mountains as the sun glistens on their peaks and set your viewfinder on the mighty Snake River, running wild with spring runoff.
Springtime in Yellowstone means spotting baby bison literally napping on the roadways and an invite to see all of the park’s famous creatures coming out of their winter slumber; coyotes, eagles, black & grizzly bears, mule deer, elk and the great gray wolf. The wildlife is not nearly as leery of human types this time of year so up-close-and- personal viewing is probable. Yes, it’s a glorious time in the parks, for you, and the mostly 4-legged “neighbors” who reside there.
Enjoy your special time in these national treasures, spring or summer, on us! Just remember, don’t feed the bears and we’ll see you back at Teton Springs Lodge!
Teton Springs Lodge & Spa Package includes:
- Two nights’ lodging
- 7 Day Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Park Pass
- Daily full breakfast at Headwaters Grille
- Access to: 25 meter seasonal outdoor heated pool, hot tubs, golf privileges at the award winning Headwaters Golf Course located in the Teton Valley, discounts at Stillwaters Spa, tennis courts, fitness center, basketball courts, and on-site stocked fishing ponds (fly-fishing instruction available right outside your lodge room and rental fly rods too!).
- Valid when parks open: estimated May 14 (weather dependent) through September 11, 2010. 2 night minimum stay requirement.
- Subject to daily Resort Fee ($10- Lodge Room and 1BR Suites, $20-2BR Suite), and 8% lodging tax. Not valid with any other promotion.
- Note – if booking online, be sure to enter correct number of people before clicking on “check availability,” then click on “Show all Rooms and Rates” for this package option to display.
Call toll-free (877) 787-8757 to book NOW! Space is limited.